Test Print #2019-002
Before we begin each print run in our studio, we pull a few prints on test sheets to make sure everything looks good. Over time, the layers of ink on these test prints build up on top of each other.
This glow-in-the-dark monoprint was printed in our studio during 2018 and 2019. It contains layers from both of the space themed prints we've recently released through Bottleneck Gallery:
- The initial, never released version of "Pale Blue Dot/Pale Red Dot" (sold out). We tried a red glow in the dark pigment that wasn't strong enough for our liking, which delayed the release of this print for months. The background of this test print will glow red for a short while.
- The top layers are from "Entropy" (available here). The glow-in-the-dark black hole swirl is the top layer and very visible in the dark.
- Screen printed by hand
- One of a kind, for real
- There is definitely something on the back of this one, and it glows
- Shipped unframed, rolled in a sturdy tube
- All 4 edges were freshly cut to 12 x 24" (standard frame size). However, these test prints may show signs of wear (dings, dents, etc.) as they were used over a long period of time.